The Millennium Armenian Children’s Vaccine Fund (MACVF), created under ANMF’s Ani Health Institute, is the foundation’s most valuable program. MACVF was developed to serve as a public-private capital fund with the mission to ensure that a steady stream of income is in place to co-finance vaccine procurement for Armenia’s National Immunization Program (NIP). ANMF’s current and future direction is focusing on the involvement in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh’s public health issues, specifically for women and children, and helping to solve these issues by providing innovative and sustainable models, which could provide solutions for other countries as well.
ANMF believes immunization against preventable diseases is a child’s basic right and a cost-effective form of healthcare intervention can provide for the children’s needs. With this belief as the driving force, ANMF has made the Millennium Armenian Children’s Vaccine Fund (MACVF) one of its primary programs.
Over the course of the past decade, MACVF has been successful in advocating and aiding the introduction of a number of new vaccines to Armenia’s National Immunization Program (NIP). See a timeline of accomplishments from the program’s inception in 1999 to present day.
See the current and past members of MACVF’s Medical Advisory Council.
ANMF’s Chief Volunteer Officer, Mr. Raffy Ardhaldjian, has answered some frequently asked questions about the Millenium Armenian Children’s Fund.
Related News & Media
- Massis Weekly: Millenium Armenian Children's Vaccine Fund to Co-Finance Distribution of Pentavalent Vaccine in Armenia November 13, 2010
- Armenian Reporter: Ani & Narod Foundation Aids Armenia Immunization Program October 24, 2010
- Public Radio of Armenia: MACVF Receives $10,000 Donation from Geragos & Geragos to Bring Life-Saving Vaccines to Armenia’s Children October 1, 2008
- United Nations Development Programme: Visits in the UAE March 29, 2008
- Azbarez: MACVF Receives $10,000 Donation from Geragos & Geragos to Bring Vaccines to Armenia’s Children January 11, 2008
- Aztag: MACVF Continues to Support Health Partnerships in Armenia June 25, 2007
- Azbarez: Millennium Children’s Vaccine Fund Meets Avian Flu Challenge in Karabagh June 9, 2006
- Primate Attends Banquet to Benefit Millennium Armenian Children’s Vaccine Fund December 17, 2004
- Golden Globe Winner to Attend Holiday Event Benefiting Vaccine Fund for Children December 9, 2004
- Glendale News-Press: Armenian Campaign is Worth a Shot October 13, 2004